February 14, 2007

I REALLY heart NY

Today I bring to you a perfect example of why I truly do heart NY.

As everyone knows, it is Valentine's Day, the most romantic day of the year (blech). Men everywhere are expected to buy chocolates and flowers and make reservations at the perfect candlelit restaurant. It's all about the romance. So how does the City of New York mark the day? By releasing their very own New York branded condoms. I love that on this day the city says, "Forget romance and get it on."

The city has been giving out free condoms for years, but recently there has been talk of how to brand them so they are unmistakably New York. I was talking with Jerry and Jenna over the weekend about how we would like to see them packaged. I think our favorite was to use various skyscrapers. We figured they would run out of the Empire State Building ones in no time flat. The city went with the "subway" look. I hope people don't take this as a location suggestion.

No comments: