December 11, 2007

The Hornet knows all

I received a postcard in the mail today from my high school in Illinois requesting my biographical information for a graduate directory. It brought up a question I've thought of from time to time when people get notices for reunions and such; How did they find me? Since graduating from college I have moved nine times. Nine times between three states. I only keep in touch with one person from high school, and she lives in the middle of Australia with her husband, a new baby and emus. She's got better things to do than rat me out. I have no registered phone number. I'm pretty sure most of my friends and family lost the e-mail I sent with my address. The only people who know I'm here are the ones who send me bills every month, and they shouldn't be giving my info to a high school (maybe they do). On top of this, the printed postcard is addressed as 'Lori', which is not my given name, and not how I am ever registered anywhere. So I wonder, how the hell did they find me?

Perhaps our mascot, the Fighting Hornet, is omniscient.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, it was me...I got a call and they forced me to give your information to them. I did not even know who "them" was. Can you ever forgive me.

Your sweetheart from the midwest

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better they found me too, addressed to Minnesnowta....

Anonymous said...

They haven't found me!!! I feel neglected!!:( Good thing the emus still like me!
Feel free to dob me in....