July 22, 2008

Morning Person - Entry #1

Kill me.

Because of all the activities that go on in the summer, many of which pop up the day of, I have been missing more workouts than I like. I'm still doing 3 a week, but I'd like to be at 5. So last week I decided to become a morning person, and that I would begin my transformation yesterday.

To ease in I got up an hour early yesterday but didn't work out. This morning I got up an hour and a half early and did. Have you ever wondered if it's possible to fall asleep while riding a bike? I pondered this very thing this morning as I fought the urge to close my eyes on the bike. I determined that it probably was possible, but that if it did happen at least I wouldn't fall off since it's a recumbent bike.

So now it's 7:29, during a normal week I would begin the 20-30 minute game I play with my snooze bar in one minute. Yet here I am, sweating above my keyboard after having already worked out, fighting the urge to climb back in bed. The only thing really stopping me is the sweat.


Perhaps in the Fall when events die down I will dedicate myself to battling my impending caffeine addiction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well we are all proud of you for trying to make the change. Hopefully by September, this will be a normal every day activity. Now the question is, will you fall asleep early?

Lori said...

Anything is possible with drugs!