April 27, 2007

I hate myself just a little today

You may remember my rant about wellies a few months back. Well I still hate them, but I had to buy a pair. I just had to. The rain that comes down on this city is ridiculous. But the worst part is that with the old, uneven streets there are puddles of undetermined depth everywhere you turn. After the nor'easter of two weekends ago (my very first), I knew I had to make a sacrifice. It was either look silly or ruin my Joe's Jeans. I couldn't let my Joe's suffer on account of my pride. So I bought a pair of plain-Jane tan wellies last week.

I realized I would have to wear them today when I was awoken by thunder and rain this morning. They were still in the bag, tags on, in the closet. I was secretly hoping I would be able to return them. Not the case. So I geared up for the weather and headed out.

I will admit, it was nice to walk through anything and not worry about showing up at work soaked to the knees. I didn't have to go around puddles, I could go right through them. Two points for wellies... but that's all they get. I still have like, a million points.

On another subject....

Week three tanning report: I'm still "more tan" without actually looking tan. The color seems to have leveled off. Might have to consider a different lotion or a spray on tan. Going to the medium to dark skin option will probably leave me the wrong color. That's definitely not an a good thing.

Meanwhile, as my skin darkens, my teeth whiten. Well they seem whiter. I can't really tell if they are whiter because of expect them to be or because they actually are. So I guess the results aren't that great after a week of use. We'll see at the end of two weeks if they reach actual whiteness. I suppose I could stop drinking coffee to help the process, but then I would fall asleep at work and be unable to amuse you with my tales.

No comments: