June 11, 2007

Magical Mystical Model

This morning I'm waiting for the train, trying to figure out why this particular morning is filled with happy smooching couples making me sick every 20 feet. I settle on the fact that they've probably spent an entire happy smooching couple weekend together and can't seem to break the mood until the very last second when the subway tears them apart and whisks them off to work. And then the Magical Mystical Model appears.

Amidst the dank, hot, grey-toned, gunk-stained subway station the MMM appears looking fresh as a daisy in her little flowy white dress (which I would have worn as a tunic, but whatever) and heels. Now, she may not have been a model, but even if this woman had the brains of a physicist she would be wasting her body by not being a model. She was tall and thin and actually had a very pretty face. Normally, for these reasons, I don't like models. They make me feel bad for being short and curvy and not able to walk gracefully in heels. But this one didn't bother me, because she noticed what was happening around her, and clearly found it amusing. I found it amusing too.

As she passed, all the men turned to look. That's not unusual, men will turn for just about anyone. Hell, men turn for me when there aren't models present. But then as she stopped to wait for the train I noticed the men shifting position. Guys that were facing the tracks were suddenly facing the side, so it was a little less noticeable they were looking over at her. One guy in particular, standing pretty much in front of her but closer to the tracks, had assumed his new side-stance and was consistently looking over at her, and back at the tracks. Over at her, back at the tracks. From my spot behind both of them I saw Sly-Guy doing this, and then when I looked at her she was smirking. Not a, "aw shucks, this guy thinks I'm cute" smirk, but a, "men are so damn easy" smirk. I like that smirk, I respect that smirk, I wear that smirk.

So I finally found something I have in common with a model. It's not much, but it's something.

No comments: