September 20, 2007

Helicopters ARE as cool as you think

I work a lot, but there are a few pretty sweet perks that go along with it. Being the project manager on the Yankee monstrosity has afforded me quite a few. Second row seats to a game, private tour of the stadium, meetings in Steinbrenner's private box. Tonight I got to go up in a helicopter to capture aerial photography. It was pretty awesome. Here I am, with my fancy helicopter headset, having an swell time in really good lighting.


Flying over Yankee Stadium was cool, but the best was flying down to Coney Island to capture dusk shots for another job. It was a beautiful sunset that reflected amazing colors on the water. Even though it was hazy and I wasn't in the best spot for taking pictures I took a ton. A few actually turned out... here are a few of my favorites. I'll be posting more in my NY album over the weekend.

Upcoming perks: Meeting Derek Jeter this weekend to film him at the stadium and possibly meeting Billy Crystal in the near future for a similar reason. I'm sure DJ is a swell guy, but if I get to meet Billy Crystal I'll be a puddle of goo. It will take everything I have not to spout out every single line from my favorite movie of all time. It's bound to be embarrassing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOOOO COOL!!!! MY ADVENTUROUS DAUGHTER!!!! WONDERFUL!!

Anonymous said...

Just amazing...can't wait to see all of your pictures, since there were none of Yankee Stadium

Anonymous said...

How cool is your job!!!!!

Lori said...

Well, it wasn't so adventurous, but it was very cool. Definitely not the life behind a marketing desk I thought I was doomed to have when I was 22.