May 09, 2007

Juju sit. Good Juju.

Good news my dear readers, I got the apartment that I applied for! The move-in date has yet to be determined, but trust me, in NY the hard part is just securing the apartment. The management company isn't sure how much work needs to be done in the apartment before I move in, but the current tenant is leaving this weekend, and we can't imagine anything they plan to do would take more than 3 weeks. They are just being cautious. Some dude is going in there tomorrow morning to see what needs to be done so I'll have a good idea by the end of the day. We're shooting for June 1st, and I don't think it will be a problem, and if it is, it won't be by much and I'll figure out a solution. Finding a good apartment without a broker's fee in this city is so hard, I'll do whatever I must to make it work.

Soon I'll be living in a quiet one-bedroom on a tree-lined street in Prospect Park: two blocks from Jerry and Jenna, a very short walk to Prospect Park, closer to the gym, laundry in the building, close to all the activities of Park Slope, only 5 minutes further from work, still within walking distance of any subway I would want... etc, etc. I'm finally excited about moving. It's a new chapter people. A fresh start. I'll be living the New York life. Cramming all my belongings into a "cozy" apartment with "character" and "lots of light." In reality, it's perfectly sized for just me, is in a well maintained old building and does have plenty of light with windows in every room. I'll be here for a while and will actually be able to paint and decorate, so it will really will feel like my home.

Ahhhhhh, home.

No comments: