September 14, 2006

A Call to Furry Arms

Recently I have learned that the shelter I used to walk dogs for in Chicago, Furry Friends Foundation, is going to be closing it's doors. It's not worth getting into the reasons because its more than a little confusing, but they hope to adopt out all the animals before closing, rather then re-place them in other shelters. The volunteers have done an amazing job placing so many of the remaining animals, but there are still a few dogs and a ton of wonderful cats who need happy homes.

If you have been thinking about getting a pet or adding to your current furry family, please take a moment to look at the boys and girls still up for adption at www.furryfriendsfoundation.com. I never met any of the cats due to allergies but know there is a kitty for every personality. I also know many of the dogs from walking them every week, and I can tell you a few of them are very special and absolute dolls. I believe the shelter is going to be doing open houses on Saturdays and participating in as many adoption events around the city as possible.

Please pass this information on to anyone you know who may be thinking about adding a furry friend to their lives. Adoption fees are being waved in certain situations, assuming that potential owners pass the strict adoption application to make sure the animals are still going to wonderful homes that can care for them. If you or anyone you know has any questions about the shelter, upcoming open houses or about the temperment of the sweet pooches who are left, feel free to ask me. If I don't have the answer I'll get it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope they have good luck placing the animals. For myself, I have my hands full with the highly affectionate, vocal and demanding (i.e. needy)- Damon.