August 13, 2007

More Yankee fun times

This morning I headed back up to Yankee Stadium again, this time to take reference pictures for our renderings. I went with my architecture partner in crime, Andy, and our boss, Eugene. While we were there we got to walk through the players tunnel into the dugout, which was pretty cool. We also got to hang out in the dugout.

And stepped a little on to the field, even though we weren't really supposed to...

And I made a huge fool of myself just after this picture was taken. There was a tour going through, exiting in front of us, and Eugene pointed out a guy wearing a Cubs shirt. Without thinking, obviously, I shout "GO CUBS!!!" Oh holy Zeus, it was loud. I heard the echo come back at me. Soooo embarrassing. I was rightly taunted the entire way home by Eugene and Andy, who then made it the first order of business at our architecture production meeting to share my little outburst with all the artists. My new nickname is now GC, for Go Cubs. In an office of men, I guess it could be much worse.

The funny thing is that I'm not even a baseball fan. I root for both the Cubs and the White Sox, but I barely ever see either of them. I was just so excited to see a hometown shirt. Although I do have to say, spending all this time up at the stadium is making me a bit of a Yankee fan, but don't worry Chicago, I'll always root hometown first!

More cool Yankee pics to come tomorrow as everyone working on the project is being taken on a private tour of the entire stadium by their lead historian. I can't wait to get a picture of all of us together in the dugout!

No comments: